FIN-NSW has a family support group in Gosford on the Central Coast.
The Gosford group meets fortnightly on a Wednesday, 9.30-11.30 pm, at Gosford Anglican Church in Mann Street. Call the advice line (045 0521 610) for the date of the next meeting.
Or make contact with Meryanne on the Central Coast (040 252 0330)
The person facilitating the groups always arrives on time. After 30 mniutes if no members have arrived the group will be closed. If this happens call the Advice line (045 0521 610) for the date of the next meeting.
The group focuses on:
- providing information about how best to work with the child protection authorities
- share information about how best to work with foster carers
- share information about contact visits if a child is in out-of-home care
- support parents and family members through all stages of the legal process
- advise parents and family members about how to obtain Legal Aid and the services of a lawyer.
Each group is facilitated by a professional and a parent of a child in care
Come and meet with other parents of children in care.
'Coffee shop' consultations. For parents in metropolitan Sydney who are unable to attend a support groups FIN-NSW is able to offer individual free 30 minute consultations. These consultations are available Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm and must be booked in advance by calling the Advice line (045 0521 610) to arrange a time and a meeting place.
FIN-NSW also publishes advice leaflets for members (see later section)
Members can obtain a copy of these leaflets by E-mailing FIN-NSW at firstname.lastname@example.org
They will be sent as pdf files.
Alternatively a hardcopy can be obtained by calling the advice line at 045 0521 610.
You can also print of a copy from this website.